Lasers for Particle Image Velocimetry
Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV), which produces two-dimensional or three-dimensional vector fields, is a non-intrusive laser optical measurement technique for research and diagnostics into flow, turbulence, microfluidics, spray atomization, and combustion processes.
Lasers are predominant for macro PIV setups due to their ability to produce high-power laser beams with short pulse durations. This generates a short exposure time for each frame. Nd:YAG lasers are commonly used in PIV setups. They emit primarily at 1064 nm wavelength and its harmonics (532nm, 266nm, etc.). A fiber optic cable or liquid light guide might be used to direct the laser light to the experimental setup. Lasermate Group, Inc. provides different structured lasers and accessories for PIV to allow for a total system from customers.
532nm Lasers for PIV
- 532nm Green CW DPSS Laser System up to >2500mW (DPF-532-XFYPZQ)
- 532nm Green CW DPSS Laser System up to >5000mW (DPN-532A-XFYPZQ)
- 532nm Green CW DPSS Laser System up to >5000mW (DPN-532B-XFYPZQ)
- 532nm Green CW DPSS Laser System up to >10W (DPW-532A-XFYP2Q)
- 532nm Green CW DPSS Laser System up to >20W (DPW-532B-XFYPZQ)
- High Energy Lamp Pumped Solid-State Q-Switched 532nm Lasers
1064nm Lasers for PIV
Lasers | Photodiode
Receivers | Optical
Transceivers | Fiber Optics
Laser Diodes | Laser Modules | Laser Systems | Laser Accessories | Laser Products | Fiber Coupled LEDs
For the code of Federal regulations, please refer to FDA PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR LIGHT-EMITTING PRODUCTS for detailed information.
CONTACT US | HOW TO ORDER | QUO & INFO REQUEST | TERMS & CONDITIONS
Information contained herein is considered typical data. Lasermate Group, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify specifications of products at any time without notice.
Copyright © by Lasermate Group, Inc.. All rights reserved.